Monday, May 28, 2018

Medical Alert

I’ve been tossing around the idea of medical alert bracelets, ID apps and so on for the past few years. I’ve always hated that the braclets show a disability right from the get go, before anything else is known about you.  I’ve tried the after market brand, the sports version and the apps for my iPhone.  The long and the short of it is, is that anything rubbing against me causes my aldonia to act up and pain shoots wildly like a forest fire blowup up a village.   I want to wear my fit bit that does everything for me and that’s it.  I figured with the mes and health risks on my phone, surely to goodness that would be enough right?  I always have my phone with me when I’m out and about so why would I need anything different.  If I went unconscious the mes app is right there easily accessible.  

Last week though I was in a car accident.   I walked away with minimal damage.  However as I scrambled to call 911, I realized that in the flurry of things my phone flew away from my purse and landed in the far corner of the car.  I had to find it before calling 911.  The realization of this is, is that what if I wasn’t okay?  What if the ambulance had to come and take me away?   They wouldn’t spend the precious moments looking for the cell phone.   The possibility was scary that if I wasn’t able to verbalized it wouldn’t have ended well.   Once everything is sorted, I will be ordering that medical bracelet as it really could be the journey that saves my life!

1 comment:

  1. Would a tattoo medical alert be possible? I've seen some really nice ones.

    ReplyDelete

Functional Neurological Disorder

This is a disorder that falls somewhere between Neurology and Psychology.   It’s basically when your neurological system starts to shut down...